Sunday, September 6, 2009

Questions...

"Joseph didn't do the process that mommies and daddies do to make babies..." quoted from Tommy to Hunter about 30 minutes ago. It was all I could do not to laugh out loud because I just knew Tommy was sweating!
I have been sitting here for the past 30 minutes listening to my husband explain the gospel to my stepson...he covered the relationship aspect, the "it's not about going to heaven or hell" aspect, and the "just because you are getting baptized doesn't mean you are going to heaven"...if you would have told me 5 years ago that the man I called my boyfriend would ever be having this conversation with his son I would have told you that you were crazy!!! If you would have told me that I would have quoted scripture and prayed when disciplining my child...you definitely would have been crazy (that happened for the first time today by the way...sanctification at its finest:).
I am so proud of Tommy for becoming the man that God wants him to be. I see it happening more and more everyday. He actually came home on Friday (I had a super bad day) and started the laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, and mowed the grass! Saturday he finished most of the laundry and played daddy! What a testimony to what God can do!!! I'm not saying that I did nothing but I am very proud of him for putting aside the stereotypical guy attitude and helping me with everything...we are becoming quite the team. He is very much picking up my slack lately. I love him and am really beginning to respect him more and more everyday. I'm pretty sure that no one else really cares about this but I said that this blog was going to be about my testimony and this is certainly part of it!

1 comment:

  1. i wish i could have been a fly on the wall for that conversation!!! it's amazing the change in tommy since i've met him :)

    we need to get together for dinner sometime soon. are you teaching lessons again this year?

    ReplyDelete