Monday, August 3, 2009

Ok, so I am struggling with the whole "full quiver" philosophy of letting God decide when to bless us with children. Tommy is completly on board, I however being the very rational, still worldly thinking, am not so willing. I always knew growing up that I wanted to be a mommy. My family however is very money and sucess driven. I was the first to go to college and actally finish with a stable career. This is what I knew was expected of me...check. Kids were always for "later"...well I am now 30 years old and wonder if I have made the right decision. My mom and grandmother are completly ok with Jack being an only child...I on the other hand am not. I grew up as an only child and there is something so lonely in my adult life coming from such a small family. I always wondered what it would be like to be in a family of 8 or bigger. I thought it would be so much fun! On the other hand, being an only child has afforded me many opportunities that would not have been possible. There is so much to weigh...but if I am truly living for God, shouldn't I leave this up to Him??

2 comments:

  1. My opinion (and remember, opinions are like butt holes, everyone has them. . .at times they can stink) is that God is bigger than birth control (how do you think Molly got here? Do you think I wanted to be pregnant before my 1 year anniversary???)

    If He wants you to have another baby, you'll have another baby.

    In the meantime, if you feel the need/want to have another one, and your husband is on board, then I don't see why you shouldn't try. I felt the strongest urge around the time that we got pregnant with Lily to have another baby--it was ALL I could think of for about 3 days. Hormones? God? Either way, 2 weeks later when I pee peed on the stick, there wasn't any surprise that I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amanda...I really still value your opinions. I have also enjoyed reading your blog...you kind of inspired me to start this one. It is very refreshing to hear yet another perspective on things!

    ReplyDelete