Today was Jackson's first day back at daycare. I had to take him earlier than expected because I have sooooo much to do before the beginning of school. Tommy went with me b/c I thought I would be a basket case. (He and I made a coffee date afterward b/c I just knew I would be in tears...I also planned a haircut after that to get my mind on something else!) We got to Jack's school and there was a little trepidation from the little guy but he finally went into his classroom. He immediately began playing with books and toys and never cried...not even a little sniffle! I went to put some of his things away and peeked in on him again...nothing! I called the daycare several times today and they told me it was like he never left. I picked him up this afternoon and the teacher said that he had a really great day and even helped clean up! I was glowing!!! Maybe I had done something good for him this summer...or maybe he is just sick of me and really wanted to play with some other kids...whatever the reason, it made things so much easier!
Then we got home. The tears flew and the "hold you" started...I couldn't even cook dinner b/c he was pushing me away from the stove and screaming at the top of his lungs. Nothing would make him happy...I am hoping he was just tired and this will not become the norm. I just kept telling myself "this is what you want...for him to save the drama for home and act like he has some "home training" everywhere else!" We shall see what tomorrow brings...his little behind better sleep all night!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's ALWAYS harder on us. Always.
ReplyDeleteGlad he did well--I'm sure he was super tired when he got home. And it does feel good to be missed!